Sunday, January 30, 2011

Outside reading #1



The book I'm reading called Burger Wuss. So far, it's about a teenager named Anthony who feel in love with this girl he works with and they ended up dating, but then one night at a party his girlfriend Diana cheats on him with anoher guy that he works with named Turner. Anthony and Diana then break up and Anthony plots ways to get back at Turner. So far Turner has tricked Anthony twice by getting Anthony beat up by people who work at Burger Queen and by getting Anthony to poisin all the food at work on accident. While all this is happening Anthony is still trying to get back together with Diana.

"Don't you want to be the kind of person things happen to?" (Diana)
This quote is important because Anthony wants to be one of the kids that parties and is always having fun, and he feels like Diana  is one of those kids, so when they start dating Anthony feels like a new person.


The way I'm going to rate my book is by using hearts, and a picture describing how I feel about the book so far. So right now I'll rate my book ♥ because I feel like it's a little predictable.

 it's a little bit boring now.

One question I have for the author about the book is when exactly does he meet Diana, because in the begining he starts off at an interview, and then it just starts talking about him liking Diana which is a little confusing.

4 comments:

  1. Hilarious picture!!

    I noticed the front of the book says "McSatire". Is this book a satire on something? Satire is using humor to make fun of something, but trying to bring about some type of social change. Have you picked up on any satire in the book?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I guess, it kinda makes fun of McDonalds and other fastfood chains a lot. But I'm not sure what type of social change it would be trying to bring about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perhaps not eating out as much? Is there a message there about what fast food can do to people? Would be interested to know what you think!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ehhh I'm not sure, it kind of jokes more about the rivalry between different fast food restaurants. Like theres a part in the book where some of the workers at O'Dermott (McDonalds) and Burger Queen (Burger King) get in a fight.

    But I just looked up something that the author said about some of the comdey in the book, he said he wrote a lot of the book out of personal experience because when he was 16 he worked at a McDonalds and they told him he didn't take the McDonald's name seriously. So I guess he's just making fun of how McDonalds take themselves so seriously when their corperate logo is a clown.

    ReplyDelete